Thursday, February 17, 2011

Twist Asian Fusion

Eating at Twist Asian Fusion & HIBACHI Bar was not planned! But you'll have to read my previous blog post about a recent experience at OLV Cafe to understand why my girlfriends and I were forced to make the short trip over to Twist Asian Fusion & Hibachi Bar  (which is right next door) for MORE food and DESSERT! The hostess was so excited to see us! I quickly found out why. There were more employees in the over-sized restaurant than customers...

Twist Asian Fusion & HIBACHI Bar has space and ambiance that are simply under-utilized! This is the PERFECT spot for a fundraiser or birthday party! Why aren't more people using it??? Think New York City's SOHO --in Orlando's SODO (South Downtown District). And after spending a night here with my girlfriends, I can see WHY the waiter and hostess at this restaurant had no problem bragging about the food on down to the desserts!

I couldn't tell if the staff was so HAPPY because they had customers, or if they were genuinely HAPPY people! Either way, it made for a delightful experience! Our waiter was in LOVE with the menu..and himself :)  So much so, there wasn't ANYTHING he didn't recommend. You can tell the waiters at this place have sampled the food and they will be able to tell you exactly what's in it, down to the seasonings! That is a HUGE turn on for me! Our waiter even convinced me to try the Lychee Martini with pure LYCHEE. He sold it when he said.."it's even good for your skin!" Hmm...still waiting to see if it works..LOL! 

I mentioned, we were there for dessert only, but one of our friends who joined us later in the night did try the food. I heard no complaints at all! The portion was so large, she took most of it to-go. I sampled the egg roll and it wasn't bad at all, either. Now, the dessert, is interesting, but tasty.  But it IS kind of hard to mess up the ONLY three options you have: Strawberry Cheesecake, Mango Pudding and Tapioca Pudding, which are basically their versions of fried ice cream. DON'T knock it until you try it!! Trust me...
More people definitely should check this place out, so it doesn't go out of business! 

Cost for two: $35
Parking: It's in the SODO Shopping Center, so there is open parking. You may not find a spot right up front, but you'll find a spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment