Thursday, February 10, 2011

Shari Sushi

Shari Sushi Lounge is  definitely lacking in the area of customer service, which surprises me for a place that REQUIRES a reservation because it's always so busy. So you ask, why then, is it on the list of MY FAVORITES?

I would consider myself a frequent customer at Shari, meaning I'm there several times a month.  And every time, I experience the same "rushed" service.  Waiters coming by to take orders, quickly moving on to the next table/customer. One time I waited 40 minutes for an order! Fortunately, my girlfriend and I had drinks to hold us over. On one visit, I had to flag down a waiter, to find my waiter, in order to get a drink re-fill and ask for a new set of chopsticks because mine fell on the floor moments after the waiter dropped off my food at the table. It wouldn't have been an issue, had our waiter taken a few seconds to let us get settled with our plates, and ask if we needed anything else. He left so quickly, we didn't have time to ask for re-fills. He dropped off the orders, we looked up, and he was at the next table, taking another order. It reminds me of something we might expect to see in a factory...

In Shari's defense, the restaurant is ALWAYS busy. It's a popular "hotspot" in Downtown Orlando. It's within walking distance of several condo buildings. And it's near several law offices and other businesses around Lake Eola.
I'm guessing the great food, specials and convenience are draws. You can't beat a menu full of sushi for $3.75 and a wide variety of saketini's to pair it with. The saketini's, by the way, are also $3.75 during happy hour. My fav: JB Tempura and French rolls, along with the Strawberry Saketini!

Shari is  probably the only place I continue to experience, despite the lack of customer service. I guess it's because the waiters aren't mean or rude, just "rushed." I'm not sure it's all their fault. They could very well be overworked and under-paid.

Cost for two: During happy hour, you can spend less than $20
Parking: There is a garage off Eola Drive, other wise you can walk if you live downtown.

2 comments:

  1. You can't beat the Happy Hour! It'll always be a winner in my book just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Makes it hard to complain about anything else! LOL! Thanks for stopping by, T!

    ReplyDelete