Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peach Valley Cafe

I was tired of leaning on KeKe's Breakfast Cafe for its waffles, pancakes, eggs and sausage, so I decided to try Peach Valley Cafe recently.


I would've never known about Peach Valley Cafe if it weren't for one of my sources. Desperate for an interview I needed for a story, I called him up and told him I could meet him ANYWHERE. He was having breakfast with his wife, and told me to meet him at Peach Valley Cafe. I didn't eat at PVC that day because my photographer and I needed to hustle to get our story finished, but I knew I wanted to go back. 

The day I did --it was packed! There were several families waiting to be seated, but there wasn't a long wait at all. I think we were seated within 5 minutes of arriving. The waiter was FRIENDLY! I found the same was true for other waiters I observed. They were smiling, engaging customers and it goes along with the "mom and pop" feel of the atmosphere. . I can see it now, as I type this post. She had the kind of energy that gave me the impression she loved her job--even if she didn't. We told her it was our first time. She took time to give us a little history about the restaurant, which also has locations in Gainesville, Heathrow and Ormond Beach. She gave us plenty of time to go over the menu, after explaining all the options. 

The omelette's immediately got my attention. They have quite a few options and they come with your choice of meat, along with either grits or potatoes, english muffin, toast or biscuit. Thinking about it now, is mouth-waterning! The great thing is the place offers breakfast all day! Think Cracker Barrel..but on a MUCH small scale. It gives you the feeling of your favorite "mom and pop" breakfast joint in that small town where everyone knows your name :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment