Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Paxia

Enchiladas
¡ADORO Paxia! This UPSCALE Mexican restaurant stole my heart from the moment I walked in the door! And this is coming from a chica who's experienced "Tex-Mex" on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.  BUT if you have HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (like me)..you can't make a habit out of eating here...
It was ladies night. One of my girlfriends suggested we try Paxia. Just as she described, the little gem is right next to the Dunkin Donuts on Edgewater Drive in College Park. The hostess was SO PLEASANT! She made me feel right at home, and even showed me the seating options before my girlfriends arrived. At Paxia you can lounge around the bar in comfortable leather sofa chairs and have dinner. I chose the main dining room. It's very quiet. There were less than a dozen people seated (it was a Monday night), but as soon as I saw THEIR food, I knew this place was going to be a hit with me!

Tequila Menu
The menu is OVERWHELMING. I know, I say that a LOT..but come on...EIGHT pages is a LOT to digest.  And one of the pages is the list of more than 100 tequila options. Seriously, WHO KNEW there were so many varieties?!?  The waitress assured us we couldn't go wrong with ANYTHING on the menu (they always say that..LOL)! Talk about confidence! I couldn't navigate all the options, so I randomly picked a table, and asked what "they had." It was the CHICKEN TOSTADOS. Problem solved...sort of.
Tostados

Before our food arrived, my nose started itching uncontrollably. My vision started to blur. At this point, all I had eaten was the chips and guacamole, as an appetizer. Unfortunately, they are both saturated with sodium! Our adorable waitress was so concerned, she got the manager, who came over to make sure I was o.k. He also wanted to make sure I was o.k. with eating the Tostados. The chicken is marinated in a seasoning that's made in-house, and the base is sodium. **Sigh** Maybe it was the margarita, (they're free for ladies on Mondays from 7-9) but I took a risk, and stuck with my order. I did, however, back away from the extra salty chips and guac :)

I'm SO glad I did. The flavor of the food at this place was on point! My girlfriends couldn't keep conversation, for chowing down on the food. Take a look at this cheese! Even the presentation makes you want more of what you haven't even had!

¡Adoro Paxia! And I can't wait to go back! If for nothing else, the wonderful service and the free margaritas for ladies every Monday, 7-9 p.m. :)

Cost for two: $30
Parking: It's College Park, plenty of street parking, depending on the time of day. But don't forget, most places have parking in back of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment