Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime is MY FAVORITE restaurant above all others! My boyfriend and I fell in love with this place two years ago. It has EVERYTHING you're looking for. Great appetizers, food, dessert, ambiance and SERVICE!


It is the kind of place you want to experience for a special occasion--it is pricey--but worth it! There is also at least one private booth, near the bar area, equipped with a curtain for full privacy from all other guests. There are also private rooms for birthday parties, or other events. This place is top-notch and so is the food! The live music is icing on the cake.

The restaurant specializes in seafood, but also has great steaks. I don't eat red meat, but my boyfriend swears by the ribeye. I LOVE the chilean sea bass. And the black truffle macaroni and cheese ...mouth watering!

Ocean Prime Salmon
The hostess staff is ALWAYS  courteous AND FRIENDLY. I do recommend reservations, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, but its NOT a must. Usually you're going to see the same hostess when  you walk in. I like that-- because she has become familiar with us as customers, so we feel right at home every time we go. I get the impression the waiters are professionally trained. Without being asked, they always go over the menu in detail, even if they recognize you as a regular.  And they're never in a rush to take or deliver your order. I think a lot of restaurants could take note from this place. Speedy service may allow you to produce volume, temporarily. It's the great service, that takes a little more time and attention to detail that will keep repeat customers coming back...longterm.

The menu is small, but there are more than enough items to pick from and the variety is great. I don't like restaurants that  offer too many menu items (i.e. The Cheesecake Factory), anyway. Give me a chef, who specializes in a few GREAT ENTREES, rather than experiment with food that turns out to be a lot of JUNK!

You won't find the speciality drinks on the menu here anywhere else! My favorite, Berries and Bubbles.
Berries and Bubbles
 It's a mix of belvedere citrus vodka, marinated blackberries, housemade sour and domaine brut. This drink comes out bubbling with flavor and smoke! Yes, smoke! The first time I ordered it, I didn't believe the waiter, who warned me about the smoke, but it's true. A nice touch that keeps you wanting another, and another. Be careful though...they are not cheap drinks :)



The desserts are one of a kind! I mean what restaurant do you know, providing great service AND baking 10-layer carrot cake for $8??? I didn't think so! If carrot cake isn't your thing, don't worry, the menu also offers, cheesecake, sorbet and a variety of other options.

Cost for Two: $150--easily!
Parking: there is complimentary valet service, but if you're patient, you can park yourself---for FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment