Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant is one of MY FAVORITES!


One of my co-workers hipped me to the Hawaiian-themed Steakhouse, with an ambiance and staff that make you feel like you really are on the Island of Waikiki!

Let me put a disclaimer out there, first. My co-worker has great connections and knows the Marketing Director for the restaurant. The MD set up my reservation on very short notice. I was very grateful, but that had no influence on this post or me listing this restaurant as one of MY FAVORITES. 



It was a date night and a celebration for my boyfriend and I. For a Monday night, the place was busy. By the time we left, there was a crowd of people waiting up front for an open table. The hostess already knew to expect us, and showed us to our table, which nicely decorated. When I made the reservation, I mentioned we were celebrating a special occasion, but never expected anything extra. We had candles, nice wine glasses and other romantic decor. The menu was personalized with our names! 


One of two waiters showed up, almost immediately, with a sampling of light appetizers. There was no over-selling or pressure to order. Our waitress was friendly and respectful of our personal time. She had a lot of knowledge about the menu and even had recommendations, which is rare, believe it or not. Some waiters at some local restaurants don't know what's on the menu, or what's in the entrees on the menu. Always disappointing! 


We felt at home at Roy's. Even though it got crowded, the setting was still very intimate. The waiters never rushed the service. I'm always turned off when restaurants start to get busy and the staff rushes out with your drink or food. I know it's happened to you. They drop your food or drinks at the table and keep going, without even asking if there's anything else you need. It's almost like they're in the pit at Nascar! 


Back to the great service at Roy's. ...
I had the Hawaiian-Style Misoyaki Butterfish! You're probably like me and assume it's loaded with butter. Not the case at all. It's marinated in a Hong Kong Peanut Oil and special Teriyaki sauce, and when it's cooked, this fish melts in your mouth like BUTTER! I enjoyed every bite. Just before dinner came out...surprise..the MD showed up to make sure we were satisfied with the service. Now that, was a nice touch, considering it was her day off. 


I know sometimes when I go to pricey restaurants, I'm always worried, I won't get enough for my money. Not the case at Roy's. The Butterfish and the small side of vegetables were more than enough to satisfy my appetite. So much so, I didn't hardly have room for dessert! The problem: it came anyway. Since we were celebrating a special occasion..the waitress had arranged for us to try a sampling of two desserts on the menu! Absolutely divine!


Bottom line: this restaurant has service that have you hungry for another visit. Our waitress, Joyce, was fabulous, friendly and respectful of our time. They made us feel at home. First time visiting and we will be back for more!


Cost for two: About $100, depending on drinks and dessert.
Side note: The restaurant offers complimentary valet service, but self-park is just as convenient :)

No comments:

Post a Comment